Thursday, November 1, 2007

Fancy Gap Mt, Mosaic, Needle on the Square, Downtown Roanoke and Hollywoods















Well - 3 knitters gone wild!!
Needless to say - It was quite the day!!
The Drive up to Blacksburg up Fancy Gap Mountain was so pretty. The leaves were just Changing.

Jeannie, Dawn and I headed out early for our day!! First Stop Mosaic Yarn in Blackburg Va. That is SUCH a CUTE SHOP!! The ladies were so sweet and they had some very pretty yarns and the COOLEST BAG EVER!! I got some Sublime in a beautiful Charcoal and Be Sweet in Chocolate Brown as I do not know anyone who carries it at any of my LYS. This is the shop that did the blankets for the families of the Va. Tech shootings. Their spirit was so wonderful and made us feel at home. They are even open on Sundays and invited us to come up any time to sit and knit!

Then down the Mountain to Roanoke to Needle on the Square where we bought even more... Wool and Mohair. Very nice shop and very nice and helpful staff.

Then on to downtown Roanoke to Center in the Square where I know Dawn fell in love with a pink bag that I am going to go back and get her. She had her eye on it!!

Then we wound down the day at Hollywoods to eat a bite and see my sister with fantastic food at Hollywoods. Flopsie was tired - so Tootie ate all the "Better Than Sex Cake".

We had so much fun and laughed and had a great time!! I can't wait til the next adventure!!

5 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

Great pics - looks like you're having a blast!

Knitting Diva said...

What a Fun Day! It just doesn't get any better...Good Friends, Good Yarn, Good Food and Good Drinks! Love ya Girl....

Vouray said...

Thanks for the nice comments about Mosaic! Come back soon!

Ladydi said...

You know you forgot something before you left on your trip ME!!!
They yarn is simply beautiful!!! I've missed seeing you guys

Karen said...

What a haul! How fun. Hope to see you Wednesday Laurie - I'm working on socks in the yarn you gave me on my birthday - I LOVE it!