Monday, May 7, 2007

Contest 5

I am not sure what I enjoy more, knitting in the fall/winter or spring summer. All I know is that I just love to do it! When I don't - I can tell as I am grouchy! I did not get to knit much this weekend - so needless to say - I was GROUCHY!! And it was my Birthday too!!

In the fall/winter, I love to curl up in my recliner and a fuzzy blanket and sit by the fireplace with coffee and my favorite cat slippers on. My Taz cat likes to go under the blanket as well and we sit for hours as my husband watches games. I have learned to tune them out and enjoy my snuggle time with my Tazzer!!

In spring/summer, I enjoy sitting on the screened in porch by the pool in my wicker rocker, sipping coffee and enjoying fresh homemade strawberry jelly. (I love April/May and Strawberry season!) There is a fan and a light, so I can do morning or night! I will get up at 6:30 to go out there and listen to the trickle of the water in the pool and the birds. It is so peaceful. Of course - where I go, my feline followers must go too! All 3 love the porch. I get to enjoy that until 10:00 or so when the rednecks across the street kick their screamming kids out all day long. Then we cut the music on to drown them out! Then 8:30 at night - all is calm again!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hey Laurie - Happy birthday!!! I hope it was delightful. I hope to see you Wednesday!