Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The "D" is getting ready to start

Well, I have officially decided.... I am FLUFFY! (new term for ladies who cant get into their clothes)

I saw a sign this weekend at a little craft show. It stated " I don't skinny dip, I Chunky Dunk!"

I weighed myself and I am officially 50 pounds more than before I had Hunt man. Well - that was 15 years ago too. BUT STILL - 50!!!!!

I went to a baby shower a couple weeks ago and they took a picture of all 7 of us and I look bigger than the one expecting!!! I have it hanging in my office as a reminder!!

My Nutri System should be here within the next couple of days. MMMMM MMMM! Nothing like wholesome meals in a box made for the microwave!!

My friend says I am too hard on myself right now - after all, I just had major surgery 75 days ago. Pre-surgery, I could get into a couple things that post-surgery , I cant!!

My husband is very supportive and wonderful. He even bought the Nutri System and is trying to get me excited with little goals. He is going to go and buy a home gym (already have a treadmill - which by the way is great for hanging laundry on!)

Along with the "Dreadful D" - We have his class reunion (Waynes- not mine) coming up and a wedding to attend. So I have to get a dress and look good for both in November. Now I have put myself on a Yarn Diet too!! That will push me as there are several things I want to make and this will push me more than most other bribes.

If I loose 5, He will get me a mani-pedi.
10 gets a gift certificate to a yarn shop
15 gets a new Beijo Bag and another gift cert to a yarn shop.
20 gets New Cole Hanns and another gift cert to a yarn shop and a gift cert to Simply Sterling.

Stay tuned for this as I am sure it will be a ride. I am starting this weekend so I can make sure I do not feel bad with a withdrawl. Needless to say - I am going to be knitting like crazy during this as well!!

Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

Gena said...

Well dang! I think you look fantastic like you are! I know a few people who have used nutrisystem to very good result. Good luck!

I've got a wedding in November that I've got to smash into a bridesmaid's dress for. This should be a fun couple of months.

Knitting Diva said...

Good Luck on the "D". Aren't you the lucky one to have all that support from your DH! You look fabulous to me as is, but I love to see anyone meet goals they set for themselves. Look forward to seeing you tonight!

Kristen said...

Although I think you look veryfine as you are I wish you luck with the "D." Be careful with activity though - I know abdominal procedures have a long recovery period.

<3

Unknown said...

Laurie,

It seems like you have some realistic goals and some really great initiatives to reach them. We are doing WW @ Work. I have substantially more than you to lose but my doc is happy with the 20 I have lost since January. Of course, I wanted to lose 20 in a week LOL!

By the way, welcome to the Grey's KAL!