Friday, April 20, 2007

Virginia Tech

Please take time today to remember those who lost their lives this past Monday. Today has been declared Virginia Tech Day and we have all been asked to wear the maroon and orange to remember them.

VT has a special place and fond memories in my heart. There were many weekends I spent there with friends and family growing up. Even though I love my Deacons, I grew up a Hokie and and always will be in my heart.

Please pray for the families and their friends of those who lost their lives....

Go Hokies!

1 comment:

Sharon Virginia Turner said...

Thanks for the great words! It has been tough here, but things are moving forward and we are returning to "normal". Whatever, normal is after something like this. At least the media has finally left.

Thanks for dropping by my BLOG (cats-n-kids). You should post some photos of your kids on your blog. I am probably a bit piture happy. But, that's me.

We should get together and knit. If you are back up this way, make sure to pop in Mosaic in Blacksburg. That is where all the knitheads hang out around here. So far I have 4 blocks for the quilt and I am still going strong. It really feels great to work on them!